CDPB Logo
Pendants

... where to stay...

Friday, October 9, 2009

A-mazing laughter




Set on English bay, this A-mazing Laughter from the Artist Yue Minjun.

“A-Mazing Laughter” consists of multiple figures depicting the artist’s own iconic laughing image, all with gaping grin and closed eyes in a state of hysterical laughter. The longer you look at the cast bronze figures, the more evident the contradiction between the animated laughter and the silent, frozen form of sculpture. It is cartoon like and playful, yet curious and intense.

6 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I've never seen anything like them.

    A great photo, too. But your header photo is absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo are beautifull. You capture the spirit of that pieces of art. And I need to tell that you have a very nice photo blog. I only don't like the snow, like I don't like rain.
    I will follow your blog.
    If you have some time you maybe visit my photo blog, in an island in the meadle of the Atlantic
    funchaldailyphoto.blogspot.com
    regards,
    Paulo Camacho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing laughs and amazing sculptures! Welcome to City Daily Photo network! I look forward to seeing your daily photo and see Vancouver!
    Kind regards from EAGAN daily photo in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you got the new blog up and running!

    I thought the sculpture cool immediately but appreciated it more after reading your commentary! Thanks, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one! And I agree with Jacob: your header is fantastic! Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving feedback!

All images are coyrighted to Barbara Rahal